2013 CCRC Heavy Weight Lift Contest Rules
CCRC is proud to announce that we will be holding the 2013 Heavy Weight Lift contest on October 12, 2013. Rain date will be October 13, 2013. This contest will be open to all current AMA members.
Objective: To see how much external gross weight the airplane can carry and fly to the specifications required.
Rationale: this contest is interested in gross weight only instead of a proportional weight depending on individual airframes and engine combinations. Everyone has the opportunity to enter their best choice of what they think it will take to win.
Classes: Class 1 – StandardGlow
Class 2 - Unlimited Glow
Class 3 – Electric
*Note – Minimum of 4 entries required in class or that class will be cancelled
Entry Fee: $15 pre-registration. $20 day of event. (Strongly encourage pre-registration)
Lunch will be available for $5.00 per person.
The rules are as follows:
Class 1 Standard – Glow and Class 2 – Unlimited - Glow
- You may only have one engine on your aircraft
- Engines: Any .46 size 2 stroke glow engine with a front intake and side exhaust and the factory muffler w/baffle it was supplied with. (no tuned pipes)
- All aircraft will use the same fuel supplied by the field (15%)
- No JETT Manufacturer engines
Class 3 - Electric
Motor: No Limit
Battery: 3S LiPo 2200mAh maximum
Speed Controller: 50 amp maximum continuous rating
Airframe Class 1 and Class 3:
The wing span plus the fuselage length can not exceed 170 in.
Kits or ARF’s ONLY.
All planes must be stock IAW plane's original plans.
The only modifications allowed are the landing gear and wheels, which may be changed out or beefed up for the weight they will carry.
No combined parts from different planes to come up with your own plane.
No Carbon fiber or other exotic wings.
The length of the fuselage is measured from the tip of the spinner to the most aft part of the fuselage landing gear or rudder. The wingspan is measured from Tip to tip and if it is a biplane it is the two wing spans added together. The Contest Director’s decisions are final.
Airframe Class 2:
- The wing span plus the fuselage length cannot exceed 170 in. No other limitations except engine size as noted.
- 1 aircraft + 1 person = 1 Entry
- More than 1 person may enter the same aircraft (beware if the aircraft is crashed everyone who was entered with that aircraft will be out of the contest).
- No Refunds after contest has started ( Including if the aircraft you've entered is crashed by another entrant See #2 above)
- A pilot may enter as many times as they would like to fly but every entry will require a new plane and a new entry fee
- If you are entered multiple times you must wait until the whole round is finished for your second entry, each aircraft must advance each round
- No entries will be accepted after the competition has started
- Aircraft must pass a "Safe for flight" inspection prior to any flight.
- Each Flight
- You must take off within the distance of the runway and touch down before the halfway point of the runway, if you run off on to the grass, except at the end, you will be disqualified for that round
- Aircraft must remain intact, no parts or pieces may separate from the aircraft other than the propeller
- Weights will be provided: Steel plates approximately 3” X 6” 1/8 to ¼ “ thick
- Pilot is responsible for attaching weight to aircraft
- Each pilot will have 5 minutes to take-off after being called or be disqualified
- Weight will be added for each round. A successful flight with the most weight will be declared the winner.
- Repairs made to the aircraft are the only acceptable modifications, nothing may be added or changed
- A successful flight is take-off on runway, flight must pass each end of runway, circle 360 degrees and land in same direction as take-off
There will be 3 judges: The Air Boss and 2 contest judges. The judges’ decisions are final.
Pilots need to check in by 8:15 AM. Contest will start at 9:00 AM.
Prizes will be awarded in each class.
To pre-register, please fill out the registration form and mail it with your $20 check. Lunch is included in the registration for the pilots. Other lunches can be purchased for $5/ea. Make checks payable to CCRC. Send to:
734 Friendship Church Road
Powder Springs, GA 30127
If you have questions, please contact: Barry Reade, (404) 805-8302 or firstname.lastname@example.org.